|Rio with puppy, Aria in the bath|
I’m over the moon today. My short story Muddy Feet is the ‘Story of the Day’ at Knowonder!. This story was inspired by my Mom’s red and white English Bull Terrier, Rio (pictured at left). She is a beautiful dog with a gentle, loving disposition. She’s also known as the cling wrap dog, a clown, and a mother hen. Check out the story to see what Gina thinks of her dog, Rio.
In honor of Rio’s muddy feet I decided to share a recipe for Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free Muddy Buddies*. (We have some food intolerances in our house. Can you tell?)
Enjoy and have a Muddy Day!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free Muddy Buddies*
9 cups corn Chex or Rice Chex
1 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup SunButter
1/4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1. Measure cereal into a large heatproof bowl.
2. Heat SunButter, Chocolate Chips, and Earth Balance in a Microwave Safe bowl for 1 minute on High. Stir. Heat additional 30 seconds + stir cycle until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
3. Pour mixture over cereal. Stir until all cereal is coated. Place mixed cereal into a gallon sized resealable bag.
4. Pour powdered sugar into bag. Seal and shake vigorously.
5. Pour mixture onto waxed paper or aluminum to dry. Store in fridge.
Mmm…this stuff is delicious! Enjoy!
*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. Please make sure to do your own research regarding products or manufacturers (as sometimes they change their ingredients) that may affect your personal food allergies or intolerances.